Thursday 19 June 2014

TREASURE AND THE LUCKY DIGGER


 TAG:  FICTION, ROMANCE, YOUNG ADULT






FESTUS

As much as I tried holding it back, this wicked wind kept seizing the stapled papers from my hold. Our exam was few weeks away and I needed to consume the content in this handout early enough. The cool atmosphere was made intense by the shade of the giant mango tree that dominated our leisure-garden.

The stylized metal chairs were arranged at strategic angles of the spacious territory. The vicinity wasn’t conducive enough for reading for its rowdiness, but my brain really desired a cool spot before it could absorb tough information such as this psychology. As far as coolness is concerned my brain is adapted to noise. Right in front of me was one vacant seat. The other seats were occupied by various young couples and mob of boys that were gossiping about girls that were passing by. Those guys were seventeen in number. Their aim was to identify girls with positive, semi-positive and negative names.

If they saw a particular girl they would all mouth-whistle, and immediately such girl took a backward glance, they would pretend looking somewhere else while shouting MARKET DON FINISH. That simply meant many of them had slept with the girl. They would call ROOKIE when the girl had slept with a few of them, and finally S.U if the girl was very strict to approach.

At the end of their shouts they would all explode with a mocking laughter. I began to wonder if those guys were all secret cult members. Otherwise, what gave them the nerve to be insulting any girls on campus? Anyway, they were all good-looking and majority had statures chicks would definitely die for – tallness and fitness. I deemed it fit that they were all ‘players’ if they were not really cultists. Those girls ( the negative and semi-positive bearers) must have sold away their dignities to LUST. If they had stuck to only one guy, would they ever face such dehumanization?

In the midst of my own gossip I didn’t realize that my handout had been wrenched away from my grip by the wind. As I began to pick them up one after the other I noticed a hand beside me. I lifted my face only to get my heart crashed as if struck by a thunder lightening. I was taken aback by the sight of this girl whose kind of beauty I had never seen in my life. Her chocolate skin agreed with her plump and shapely figure. It was as though she was created with those wears – The white skimpy skirt defined her moderate butt, while the cleavage of her round boobs could be seen through the exposed part of the red armless top.

“I don’t want to step on it. That’s why I picked this up.” She muttered as she handed the piece of paper to me.

“Okay. That’s kind of you.” I said.

Before She settled on the seat right in front of me, she waved at one big man that was just starting the engine of his hummer jeep just beside the garden. I guessed she alighted from that jeep. That must be her man friend.

She produced a text book from her hand bag. She crossed her legs and focused her attention on the book. At this moment I also made up my mind to study. I started reading, but the contents didn’t find their way into my head anymore. For a moment I began to stare at her while drinking in her beauty. Whenever she wanted to reveal her face I would quickly bury my face back in the handout. It felt as though my heart was going to blast off. The urge to approach this girl kept gnawing at me in every air I breathe. Literally, It wasn’t like I had never seen a girl that beautiful or that my ex- girlfriend wasn’t as beautiful or nearly. But there seemed to be something about her that defied any explanation.

At this moment our eyes were almost connected and I saw a seductive look in her killing eyeballs. A Seductive look? That must be my wishful thinking – she might even be snubbing me with that look. It was obvious that this babe had come from a rich home. I could see no speck of blemish on the exposed part of her body – like she wasn’t nurtured in this country. Her golden jewelry looked natural and her wears were apparently from the best designers. In short, she waz a biggest girlz! – according to our slang in the hostel.

For me, poverty was our surname. I was a hustler. I engaged in various jobs to sponsor myself to school. Most times I applied as servers at prestigious parties during the weekends, and I earned some money from stage dancing too. And it was through those money I got myself all my second hand designers. I couldn’t spend lavishly on my appearance because knowledge was my priority. All these facts must be the reason why I felt inferior to approach this goddess.

SHARON

Why couldn’t he just start a conversation with me when I helped him picked up that slip from the ground?

I wish he could just ask my name after mumbling that compliment. He must be too engrossed in the book he was reading. When our eyes met he couldn’t just fix his eyes into mine to know that I felt for him. I needed to pretend as if I was reading; if not, he would be suspicious about my crush. If I hadn’t held this book, I bet I wouldn’t do anything but stare at him all the while. But now I could be stealing a glance at him to know whether he was also interested in me. I persuaded Dad to drop me off here because of him.

He was just my type of guy – huge, dark in complexion, with fine parted lips. This wasn’t my first time of seeing him. The first time was when he was dancing on stage with his crew. On that day I heard somebody call him Festus. I learnt he was in 300 level – a year ahead of me.

Oh my goodness! His attention was still absorbed by that stupid book. I wonder why he was reading so hard when exam was still four weeks away. I gotta use one craft to make him speak with me.

“Hey!” I waved my right hand to gesture at him.

He revealed his face only to glance left and right like a watchful criminal.

“I’m the one calling you,” I tried to pull out emotion from my voice, “hope I haven’t disturbed you. My wrist watch has stopped and the time on my phone isn’t correct. I wonder what time is it on your wrist watch.”

He took a glance at his watch and told me the time was 4:21pm.

“Oh, thank you so much,” I smiled at him, “I thought the time was 3’oclock … Don’t you think it’s wearing out quickly today?”

“How … how do you mean?” He said with a slight puzzled look.

“I mean the climate is just too irregular these days,” I slid out my tongue playfully while narrowing my eyes into seductive slits, “sometimes the day would run fast and slowly other times. What could be the cause of that?”

Now he was turning over the handout to another page. Then he said, “ Hmn … Sometimes, I think it’s a geographical factor and other times it appears like that to us. I am not really sure because I’m not a science student.”

“Yeah, maybe,” I shrugged indifferently. This was another opportunity for me to harness the conversation, “So you are what student then?”

“A creative Art student,” he said and continued reading.

“Wow! That’s really great.” I said, fiddling with my phone.

I already knew his faculty, but I ought to feign that total strangeness. I didn’t want to tell him I’d once seen him dancing – some guys tend to feel superior when women begin to compliment them. They would quickly realize that the woman was having a second motive. And I didn’t want to make that obvious.

It seemed he was getting interested in me. At least he was responding well to my questions. Oh, Poor Sharon! He might just be jovial in personality. Men’s taste are really hard to judge. He might be interested in the conversation, and nothing more. I didn’t mind if he would have lust for me, at least. Lust could graduate to love … No, no, no. That is not possible. I wish he would just love me once and for all. I really, really felt for him.

This feeling was quite funny. Of course, he wasn’t the first cute guy I had ever met. Yes. I could tell when I had a pure lust for a dude. Some people believed love couldn’t be detected at first sight, but lust. That philosophy didn’t seem to work for me. This was my second time of having this strange feeling. The first guy I ever loved broke my heart into pieces few years back. He was my senior in high school. We made love countless times at every corner of the school as we were both in the boarding. Immediately he graduated from school, he left for UK without informing me. He was now studying there. When I reached him on phone he bluntly told me he was no longer interested in the relationship. He told me he had met another life partner. It was then I realized that the guy never loved me. I should have known. He would ask for sex almost every day and hardly would I refuse. I had cried and cried that I almost committed suicide. I told Daddy that I wanted to go study in the UK – inwardly, Nigeria was my choice. I just wanted to meet him and probably kill him and kill myself. Unfortunately Dad didn’t permit me to study abroad. So….

“May I know what faculty you are?” Festus’ voice aborted my thought.

“Bus. admin. – Accounting department.”

“That’s good…You must be very good at math.” He remarked, and I could sense enthusiasm in his voice.

Oh, I had finally got him on the move.

I hummed for a moment and said, “I am trying. And you? I mean what course are you good at?”

He chuckled and said, “Me, I am good at nothing in particular.”

“You don’t mean it,” I smiled broadly while adjusting on my seat.

“I am serious.” He said. But no look of that seriousness on his face.

“Alright then.” I smiled and asked him what handout he was reading, he told me it was psychology. I asked his level and I told him mine. I was actually expecting him to ask my name. How would I make him ask my name?








                                                                                    
                                                                            EPISODE 2
     

FESTUS

This girl must be very friendly. I had to know more about her. But If I asked her name, won’t she think I was taking advantage of the short discussion between us? Girls really hate when guys take advantage of them. Whichever way, I must take the risk. She might begin to frown at me or give me a condescending look. ‘All these Ajebo girls dey funny well, well.’

I cleared my throat quietly, “Em, em, I am Festus by name, and you?”

At that moment, She wore a naughty look, turning her eyeballs, “I am Sharon. But my parents like to call me Treasure.”

“That’s lovely.” I smiled.

“Oh, thanks.”

“You stay on campus?”

“Nope,” she shook her head slowly, “I rented a flat apartment outside the school.”

“…And you stayed there alone?” I didn’t realize I asked the question until it left my mouth.

Must I really ask her that? Maybe it was because I never knew of any student that rented a flat apartment. Most students that stayed outside the school rented low class houses, except for those in the private hostel. Anyway, that must be the way she wanted her own privacy.

“Two of my friends are staying with me. And why did you ask?” She inquired in a soft, soothing tone.

“Don’t mind me. I think it’s just risky for a student to stay alone in a flat apartment.”

Her phone had actually been ringing in the course of our conversation, but she kept terminating the call. And she seemed to pay attention to what I was saying.

“Why don’t you pick up your phone call?” I was forced to ask.

“it’s from one of my girl-friends. I will see her later.”

As if it was a curse, the phone rang again; she quickly hit the red button. I asked if it was her friend again. She told me it was her Mum.

“But … you should have received that!” My voice was almost tense.

“Don’t mind Mum,” she said in a carefree tone, “I just left her at home. I know she wanted to ask me if I’m already in school. I will call her later.”

Girls and their pure lies! That might be her boyfriend or man friend. Okay. Was she rejecting calls because of our discussion? It couldn’t be. And if so, that meant she had a hidden agenda. Most girls would reject calls in the presence of a guy they had a feeling for, or otherwise cheating on. That simply meant that the guy’s presence was more important at that moment. I wasn’t her lover, so she had no right to be terminating anybody’s call in my own presence. All the same, she might just feel like not answering any call.

SHARON

Why should I be receiving calls when Festus was already getting to know me better? This was the moment I had been hoping for. I couldn’t spare any second. Mum might be upset that I was not picking up the phone. Anyway, I would sort out myself.

“I guess you are also preparing for the exam.” He said.

“Of course, yes. I like to study ahead. And I like coming here to read, just like you.” I uttered the last statement with a naughty smile.

A noise from the back became obtrusive on our discussion. There was a group of guys exchanging abusive words. Festus’ attention suddenly diverted to the scene, and I used the opportunity to stare, turning my head slightly.

“That girl na my babe now. She no be olosho!” growled one of them, “why you go dey laugh am? I dey warn you o! You no say I no talk as you dey yab those girls since.”

“No be you bring the slang?” asked another boy with a strong Igbo accent, “you see that babe, her market don finish! oya do your worst!”

“I dey warn you o. I no dey joke o.” The guy pointed a warning finger at his opponent.

Some of the guys sprang to their feet, while others started mocking quietly. One of the aggressive parties began to search the ground for a weapon. All the students that were reading in the garden started walking away one after the other.

“Festus, please. let’s leave here … It’s becoming dangerous.” I said nervously. But Festus looked unperturbed. I wondered why he was so brave. I couldn’t afford to let him get hurt by those rogues. He appeared strong though.

“Festus now!” I whined like a five year-old kid; my voice even sounded funny to me.

Festus began to regard me in a strange manner. He must have realized how much I cared about him. Love and care are indeed children of the same parents.

This love is even crazy. Sometimes If one decided to hide it, it would just reveal itself like a smoke.

I was glad when Festus finally obeyed me, and we walked far away from the danger zone.

When he was not asking me any more question I began to feel timid. Pretentiously, I glanced at my phone.

“Oh, it is 4:35pm,” I said, fidgeting, “ It’s time for lecture. May I have your contact in case I need a help in your faculty? ”

“Sure, sure,” he said as I handed my phone to him. He typed his number and I dialed it immediately.

“What kind of help would you need in my faculty?”

“You shall know when the time comes,” I winked at him.

The corner of his mouth twitched with a smirk. I loved his smile. It was quite impressive.

FESTUS

Around 7:30pm I lay in bed, staring towards the ceiling. The continuous noise from my block mates kept intruding on my thought. From the corridor I could hear the usual uproars like:

“‘What you are burning is cooking o!”

“The water wey you dey cook to make eba never do?”

“Abeg, I fit get local cornflakes for ya side?”

My nostrils were assailed by different kinds of aroma that must have forced their way through the door. My roommates, Collins and Dayo, were shouting over a pot of egusi soup and eba just below my deck bed.

The bed was three divisions and I was at the lowest side. They were eating the soup from the pot. Dayo kept nagging about Collins’ handful of of eba. He said the mound was just as big as his girlfriend’s boobs. I would have laughed to make it sound funnier, but I wasn’t in the mood for that tonight. Sharon’s image had formed on my mind like I was seeing her in front of me. Collins had been calling me to join in the food, but I’d asked him to keep my own aside.

“O boy, wetin do Festus this night?” Collins said amidst his usual big swallow.

“Maybe he is thinking about Lizzy,” Dayo said, licking his five fingers, “that was how he was behaving when Lizzy just broke up with him.” He ended the statement, facing Collins who then glanced at me if I would give a response.

Dayo was right to an extent. My ex-girlfriend, Elizabeth, told me she was tired of our relationship about two months ago. That fateful night, by past 11 pm, She said frankly that I didn’t deserve her. She had only been dating me in vain. She further said I had nothing special to offer than ‘I love you’ all the time.

She let me know that her roommates always teased her as a downtown girl whose boyfriend couldn’t afford to buy her the latest designers, jewelry and finally the latest blackberry products like theirs. I was surprised that Elizabeth could vent all of that. I thought she was a fool for listening to her friends, but I couldn’t say it out. Instead I began to plead with her to consider my status. At a point I knelt down before her. She just walked out on me, dropping a long, irritating hiss on my head. I tried to call her back. But She disappeared into the night without looking back.

I’d loved Elizabeth. And she had always declared her love to me. I begged her for over a month, but she didn’t heed me. She wouldn’t pick up my phone call let alone replying my text messages. At broad day lights, She disgraced me twice in the midst of her friends. Gradually I erased her thought from my mind, and it was over. I couldn’t afford to let that disturb my studies.

But two weeks ago, late in the night, one of her roommates, Cynthia, came to meet me where I was sitting in the garden. She was wearing a short skirt and a top that barely covered her big breasts. She narrated how Elizabeth had always been insulting me in the midst of her friends in the room. At the end of her gossip she began to exhibit sexual contacts; inching close to me, obviously expecting me to hug or kiss her and finally screw her there. Then I could tell she was one of those who poisoned Elizabeth’s mind.

Having realized Cynthia’s intention, I freed myself and walked off. When I glanced back I realized she was still sitting there. She had probably thought I would come back to give it to her. Instead, I took my phone and called three among my bad friends. I planned a blind rape for her. Those boys were real ogres! – they had the oversize of what all women need in their ideal men. They blindfolded Cynthia and shoved her to an uncompleted lecture room behind the campus. I pitied her life when they narrated to me how they had ravaged her for almost two hours.

Just as I concluded the poignant memory, I heard my phone ring. I checked the screen, and my heart skipped a beat. It was Elizabeth! Did she call my number by mistake? I frowned in disgust.

“Why you squeeze ya face like this … Person die for you?”

You could guess it was Collins. I didn’t mind his teasing expression. The phone continued to ring and I kept wondering if Elizabeth had mistaken another person’s number for mine.

“What is wrong, Festus?” Dayo asked gently.

“You fit guess who dey call my line?” I asked them.

“Na your great Grandma. I get am?” Collins remarked.

“Ghost go call your number, idiot!” I said.

Collins began to laugh uncontrollably and slapped Dayo at the back.

“Don’t mind Collins jor,” Dayo said reproachfully,“ For me, I’m not that good at guessing. Just tell us.”

I showed the contact to them and they were both surprised. They asked me not to receive the call. And I reasoned with them. I could recall that I glimpsed Elizabeth when I was speaking with Sharon in the evening. She was heading to the lecture room with her friends. Perhaps she thought I had started going out with Sharon. Why should I even care about that?

I dropped the phone. It rang again and again. I didn’t even bother to touch the phone.

I later sat up to eat my food. Then I decided to browse through my Facebook. I could see another missed call – SHARON?

My heart shivered with excitement.

No sooner had I dialed the number than I heard Sharon’s thrilling voice from the receiver.

“Why were you not picking up the phone?” She whimpered.

“I am sorry. I left the room while charging it.”

“Alright, I just wanted to say ‘hi’ to you. Where are you now?”

“I am in the room, about to eat. Come and join me.”

She asked what food I was eating. When I told her, I heard her laugh out. She asked me if it was my girlfriend that prepared the food for me.

                                                                               EPISODE 3

SHARON

“My roommates prepared it,” he said and sighed, “ and for now, I am single.”

“Really?” My heart fluttered with joy, “Hmn. You must be joking. A guy like you. I doubt it.”

“I must confess to you,” he said almost in a mournful tone, “ My girlfriend broke up with me long time ago and since then I’ve decided to be alone.”

On hearing that, I lay my hand on my chest with excitement.

“I am also single.” I told him. And I heard him burst into laughter.

“You are very funny,” he said, “ I don’t believe any girl could be single, especially an angel like you.”

I was so pleased to hear that compliment from him. I blushed and smiled to myself like a baby.

“I am flattered … But I am really single. Funny enough, when Dad dropped me off this afternoon he asked me to introduce him to my boyfriend. When I told him I had none, he couldn’t believe his ears either. And he later asked me to be careful if I wanted to have one?”

“Your Dad said so?”

“Yes.”

“You have got a wonderful and considerate father.”

“Thank you, dear.” I said.

I decided to abort the phone-call when I realized the network had beeped two minutes. I called the number back and lied to him it was a network failure. I had over 10,000 worth of airtime on my line to lavish on no one, but the king of my heart. I thought it was time for me to express how I felt for him. If I refused to seize the opportunity I might just lose him to another girl.

“Festus, I hope you could dine with me, as a friend.” I said and slid out my tongue in anticipation of YES or NO

“Have a dinner with you?” I heard him laugh, “ Oh, I can’t afford to … How much do I have to dine with a big girl like you.”

“A big girl? cut the crap,” I said, smiling, “I’m the one asking you. I would be very glad if you wouldn’t say NO.”

I didn’t hear anything from Festus for almost a minute. I knew some guys always found it difficult when a girl asked them out and having the girl doing the spending. If Festus was actually thinking the same way, that meant he was more of my type of guy.

“Festus, please say YES.” I broke the silence with my usual babyish tone.

“Okay. Okay. I will try.”

I almost burst out screaming when I heard that. I thanked him for honouring my request. I gave him a familiar address of an eatery outside the campus. We agreed on 7:30 pm of the following day.

When I dropped the phone I stood up from the couch I had been lying on. I went straight to my freezer for a red wine that could make me get tipsy. I took a goblet from the bar and filled it at once. I picked up the remote control and turned on my flat screen TV. I flipped open a hot romance novel I just bought in the afternoon. Reading through it, I began to relate what the characters were doing to what I would love to do with Festus. I felt like kissing him. I wanted him to squeeze me, hold me tight, place his hands on my butt and tell me ‘I love you’.

****

I had been seated for almost thirty minutes awaiting Festus to join me at the table. I already ordered for a lemon soft drink which I was now sipping with a straw. I had called his number, he told me he was on his way. I kept fretting and fidgeting. I couldn’t wait to dine with my heart desire. I began to browse through my phone to while away the time.

In a little while, I heard a knock on my table and I revealed my face only to see Festus – my heart almost flew away. He was looking more handsome! He was dressed in a fitted blue shirt and black trousers. His hair was different from what I saw on the previous day. It used to be a rough Afro, but now it was neatly trimmed.

“You are welcome, dear.” I smiled at him and he wore a smile too.

His eyes swept over my body, and I felt shy for a moment. I must be looking so ravishing to him. I was arrayed in a purple top and a black jean trousers. When I looked into the mirror a while ago, I’d made sure my make-ups were moderate. And my long, dark hair was well bonded with a material that matches my top.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you again.” He extended his hand to me for a shake, and I quickly collected it warmly. He sat on the well-upholstered chair right in front of me.

Afterwards, I signaled to the servers with my index finger up. I already asked the bartender to bring cold a juice, fried chicken and spiced fried rice if my guest arrived. Festus might reject the offer if I asked what he would like to take. He should be the one doing that, of course.

I could hear Festus breathe heavily as he began to stare around the eatery. I supposed he was trying to avoid my gaze. Now I didn’t hide the fact that I wanted him. Even without me saying it, he should know from the way I was staring hotly at him.

A female server came to the table with the dishes and drinks, and I caught her staring at Festus.

“I’m done with you, thanks.” I glared at her and I quickly put on a smile when Festus was about to catch my eyes.

Festus smiled. It seemed he saw what I did. I asked why he reacted like that.

“Nothing,” he smiled again, “I was just wondering if you had a grudge against that lady.”

“Don’t mind her,” I said, “ Didn’t you see how she placed the food wrongly on the tray? She is not competent at all.”

Soon, we set our cutleries to start eating. My mouth seemed to reject the food probably because I had not expressed my feelings. I was just nibbling at the chicken with the knife.

“Festus,” I called in a low tone. He revealed his face slowly, then I paused for a moment.“ I would be happy if you can do something for me.”

“What is that?” He looked puzzled.

I began to caress my nape with my right palm in anxiety. Then I asked, “Don’t you mind if we become a very close friend?”

I saw what seemed like a mischievous smile on his face. He bowed his head and showed back his face with a daring look. It was the look I had been anticipating – strong and passionate. I didn’t know where he suddenly gathered the courage. Our eyes became tangled. As if it was a spell, I couldn’t disengage myself. I became a captive to those dreamy eyes. And I could see bliss and harmony beckoning at me.

“But, I was actually thinking we could be more than friends,” he said at last.

“Really?” My voice fainted out, while my eyes were still trapped. I guessed he already had the evidence that I wanted more from him. My head nodded slowly without taking any permission from my brain.

“The fact is that, I don’t just like you,” he said and paused. My heart began to sink like a Titanic ship, “But, I love you – irrespective of your personality.”

“I … love you too,” I said passionately, almost under my breath.

FESTUS

Our eyes didn’t depart yet. I had felt as though I was going to die if I refused to burst out my feelings. What with the sexual eye-contact she had been stabbing at me. It was visible that I meant a lot more to her than her request. The jealousy that showed in her eyes towards that female server was too evident. With that, I could tell that she loved me.

In the midst of our emotional gaze, I began to wonder if everything that just happened between us was a dream or fantasy. A girl I met yesterday , and we could express a mutual love. This reminded me of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ who fell in love on the first day and had their first kiss on that same day. Our story was quite different – friendship on the first day, dating and love-declaration on the second day.

Elizabeth’s case was totally different. We were friends for over two months before I could express my love to her. Even then she had told me she would be thinking over it. It was after three days she said YES to my proposal.

“Guess what!” Sharon broke the long silence; not the gaze.

“What is it?” I asked softly.

                                                                                  EPISODE 4

She told me that her birthday was six days’ time. I expressed a surprise that the period coincided with the time we met.

We couldn’t do without staring at each other (at least in ten seconds interval) when we began to do justice to our food. I wouldn’t have known how to use cutlery if not for my experience as a server. We hardly found a spoon to eat in my home let alone using flatware.

*****

Sharon’s birthday was being held in her lavishly decorated flat apartment in the evening. I was seated with my two roommates and three other friends in the couch. In the middle of the spacious sitting-room was a glassy center-table where the birthday cake had sat. Most of the students were obviously the affluent personalities on campus. The cars I saw outside the apartment were the latest in town. I had got to know that Sharon had her own car when she invited me to her apartment two days back. It was ‘Accura 2009’ – that meant that the car came out the previous year. I’d asked why she wouldn’t drive it to school. She told me she’d been driving it to school before we met. She decided not to drive it again because she wouldn’t want me to feel inferior to her. I was very impressed to hear that from her. I asked her to start driving it to school.

Most of the students at the party had come with their partners. The sitting-room was vibrating from the rocking music that was playing from the home theatre. The present music was ‘Rihanna’s rude boy’. The music must have been mixed by a skillful DJ – it maintained a regular pattern with the previous one.

The program soon came to a start with a dancing contest – a single male and female were to dance to a particular song and a winner would be chosen. The dance floor was the middle of the sitting room. At that moment Sharon beckoned at me from the opposite couch. She gestured that I should come and sit beside her. I guessed she had purposely left the place vacant for me. The program was anchored by my roommate, Collins. When I insisted that I must have a part to take in her birthday, Sharon had asked me not to bother. Eventually I persuaded her that I would present to her a MC – Collins was very good at that.

I was not receiving any cordial looks from some of the rich students whose face were familiar to me. Perhaps they were thinking I wasn’t compatible with Sharon in terms of high class. Although I was gorgeously dressed. I was clad in a red V-neck and black baggy jeans; I had borrowed the pair of quality sneakers from Dayo. Sharon had offered to give me some money for whatever I needed to look outstanding on her day, but I had refused. I thought it was too early to start receiving anything from her. To kill all the haters at the party, Sharon rested her head on my shoulder as we watched the various activities.

When the celebrant was called out to dance cheers rented the air. Of course, the MC called me out to dance with her. I had already told Sharon I was a professional dancer. The music started slowly. When the beat started for real I realized that Sharon was a wild fire. I was amazed at her prowess at dancing. Her body-twisting was fantastic. Her steps were in fact coinciding with mine as if we’d rehearsed together.

The music finally came to a halt at a point where I held her by the waist while staring into her eyes. A thunderous applause complimented us alongside the wildest cheers ever.

When we resumed our seat I kept staring at Sharon and she seemed to be smirking with her index finger in her mouth. The naughty Sharon. I knew she had deliberately hidden her skills from me.

****

I was still in Sharon’s apartment when the whole ceremony was over. The time was 10:45 pm. Everyone had gone, except for her two friends who’d already gone to sleep in the second bedroom. It was a two-bedroom flat.

We sat close to each other in the couch while we toasted over a bottle of champagne. We talked about so many things. I told her about my background and how difficult life had been for me to sponsor my education. She expressed a sympathy and promised that all my sufferings must stop since I had now met her. She confessed to me that she once had the ambition of being a street dancer, but her Dad didn’t permit her. Her father wanted her to graduate as a business student in order to make her the head of all his companies home and abroad. I was perplexed to hear that she was the only child from her both parents. Her mother had several miscarriages after giving birth to her, until the doctor said she couldn’t bear anymore child.

“But,” I said, puzzled, “your father should have sent you abroad to study then. Most high personalities in this country do send their children abroad.”

“Yeah, you are right,” She sighed, “My father couldn’t afford to let me go far away from him. He comes here often to check on me.”

“So, I should call you father’s pet.” I smiled teasingly.

“Yes, I am,” she nodded and smiled, turning her face to me. From her dim eyes I could tell that she was tipsy.

I grunted thoughtfully and said, “That must be the reason behind your pet name, Treasure … Who named you that between your Mum and Dad?”

“Mum nicknamed me Treasure. But Dad is now fond of the name more than Mum.”

“That’s funny.” I smiled a little.

“You are right; it’s quite funny.” She winked at me and faced front again, smiling.

At that moment I glanced at my wristwatch – 11:05pm.

“I should be on my way now.” I told her.

“Oh, no,” She grumbled, nestling her weight on my shoulder. She extended her left hand gently to remove something from my forehead, “today is my birthday. You need to stay over.”

I was excited to hear that, but I wanted to feign a reluctance. So, I told her I had a lecture by 7: am on the next day. And moreover, I had to change my wears in the morning. She said all the excuses given by me were absolutely not genuine, and I would break her heart if I refused to sleep over.

“Alright , I will,” I said grimly, “I don’t want to break your heart. okay?”

With that, she stood up and beckoned at me. I still sat down there.

“Let’s go.” She insisted.

“To where?”

“My room, of course,” She said in a low tone as she grabbed my right hand.

“But, I thought…”

She placed her finger over my lips, “Don’t think anything. Let’s go.”

Without being told, I knew what was going to happen. And I was prepared for it anytime. I actually wanted to say, “I thought I would sleep on the couch.” She must have seen the lies in my eyes before she shut up my mouth.

When we got the room, she shut the door and removed the key from the lock. I suddenly felt like a prisoner in a dungeon. But I understood that she didn’t want any disturbance. After switching on the AC, she went straight to the tape just beside the wardrobe and inserted a CD. I could hear a cool music rising slowly into the air (‘Everything I do’ by Brandy).

The sound was considerable low, and thus emotional. I pulled off my shirt and dropped it on the bed. We started inching close to each other in accordance to the rhythm of the music. We stood, looking at each other’s eyes for a moment as if to obey the musician who was now singing:

‘Look into my eyes, you will see what you mean to me.’

Before I thought of feeding on her lips she had overtaken me by wrapping her arms over my head, and our lips compressed sensually – like a sandwich. Her lips were daintily full and delicious. She released her lips and smiled at me for some time. I replied the smile. That was our first kiss. We began again. In this very game she was the superstar, I was an upcoming actor. I just realized she was not only skillful at dancing.

A little later, she pressed her lips slowly around my nipples; then tenderly and carefully down my hairless chest, while caressing my groin. My blood started boiling and sizzling with desire. I quickly overpowered her by kissing her front neck to the back of her right ear, and over to her nape, while running my hand wildly into her hair.

I stripped bare her upper body, and I thirstily fed on her creamy mounds as if expecting some iced yoghurt to fill my parched throat. I heard her moan softly and needfully – the same way I sounded when she was arousing me. Finally she knelt down to unbuckle my belt. She wore a smile of satisfaction before feeding on what now made my body explode like fireworks.

When the real game started, it was rough at first, and finally slow and sensual. Forty minutes – it was over.

*****

After a week Sharon and I became a popular couple on campus. But I told her we had to reduce our closeness until after exams. Sharon agreed to create a chance for me to study, but Elizabeth did not.


click for the NEXT EPISODES

No comments:

Post a Comment